Thursday, November 19, 2009

Research Blog

I just had a meeting with Tom today and he suggested that I begin to look at live nature. Things that are growing and developing, a.k.a not dead. I think that my work will envelop a progression. Therefore, I want to move away from the leaves, which are fallen and dead and make head way into thriving plants.

Tom also mentioned the Great Big Greenhouse. This is large greenhouse is located in Richmond. They host a variety of plants, ranging from your typical herbs to exotic tropical plants, such as banana trees. I plan to make a trip to this greenhouse very soon.

I think that by incorporating live plants will lead me in a positive direction and show my own personal growth away from my consumerism towards a natural environment. I think this will also inspire me to create work towards my original desire, an introduction to a natural environment and the beginning of removing myself from an overwhelmingly product filled area.

No comments:

Post a Comment