Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Research Blog: Early Post for Thursday 11/26

I will not have access to internet for awhile due to the holidays and my stay with my grandparents. Ahh, technology... it has not been received by everyone yet.

My process has been cut short by the company, Blue Sun Prints. After ordering sun sensitized fabric from this company awhile ago, I just found out today that my order was mixed up and I will be receiving these materials on Dec 3rd. This is 11 days from our final critique in my class.

This is just a heads up to other photographers and enthusiasts who are interested in using this product. Allow yourself space and time for error, but then again...I guess that is how it is with everything in life.

I also did some further Artist Research this week on Mark Dion. I am particulary interested in his work, Neukom Vivarium. This is a large hemlock tree that he found outside of Seattle. He was able to rescue the tree from a protected watershed area before it rotted. Working with a team, Dion had a greenhouse built to encase the tree and created an exhibit for the Seattle Art Museum. Visitors are engaged into seeing the natural process of the decay of the tree as well as the other natural partners and company that the tree has inhereted (plants, bacteria, and insects). I am fascinated by this piece as it allows you to participate in the viewing of an life process. I plan on continuing to study Mark Dion's work especially this piece, as it addresses the life span of an organic being.

No comments:

Post a Comment