Thursday, October 29, 2009

Research Blog

Last week I presented a few of my images to classmates during my midterm critique. At the very end, I mentioned that I planned on doing sun prints on fabric. I did some research and found this company: Blue Sunprints

I was delighted to see that they have a community website for Blue Sunprints, however absolutely no one has joined the group. How sad! They have a link for projects, and a discussion board. The site has been in use since 2008...

I'm hoping to use the leaf scans that I have printed on transparency as my photographic negative. By creating these cyanotypes on fabric I am hoping to mimic the generic artwork they sell at the popular home improvement stores.

This fabric is super pricey, but they come in loads of fun colors and I have the option to print on silk OR cotton.

Here are some examples of fabric cyanotypes found on google images:



I am very very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment