Friday, March 12, 2010

Idea Blog (3/11/10)

I always find it interesting when art work moves in a circle. I can't decide if it can be positive or negative. Basically, I found that I am returning to a lot of the ideas I had in the beginning of Senior Portfolio. An example of this would be the creation of the paper flowers. I had pondered creating a paper made jungle out of advertisements and lo and behold, seven months later, I have begun production. After my midterm critique, I have decided to focus more on consumer groups/audiences and how they are visually seduced by consumerism. I will be creating flowers from various advertisements and then photographic them in natural environments that I am assuming the same artist would find visually appealing. A long time ago, I had turned to the book, "A Natural History of the Senses, by Diane Ackerman for inspiration. The book is beautifully written as it outlines every physical sense, such as sight, sound, and touch. Ackerman writes very scientifically but introducing stimulating descriptions which makes each chapter read more as a poem. I had thought that this book would act as a bible for me during senior portfolio, because I thought work would somehow grow from this text. Now, I am turning to it once again to investigate the sense of sight. I am hoping that this provide me with some ideas of how to create my imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment